Monday, June 28, 2010

Silly Things I still do!

I love Choco Milo! Hmmmmmmmnnnnnn, yummy, chocolatey cubes of ecstacy!!! The other day, I bought a whole packet (God bless Yem-Yem!) and I cuddled up with a novel until my fingers touched the bottom of the packet! Thank God it was late in the night by then, else, I would have gone out fir a re-fill!


I still watch cartoons and they still capture my entire mind; Pinkie and The Brain, Adventures of Teddy Rocksped, the whole Walt Disney thingy, Inspector Gadget, Justice League, Secret Squirrel, Danger Mouse, Super Ted, name it! They still hold me spell bound and when I’m into one, I’m lost to the world!

If I can get my hands on any Enid Blyton books, omo, I’ll stay up all night till I finish them! Gee, I still catch myself day-dreaming about my adventures with the Famous Five, flying away on the Flying Chair, being one of the toys in the nursery with Amelia Jane, the Three Gollies and the spinning top, visiting the Enchanted Woods and The Magic Faraway Tree, gee, I remember Moon Face, The Angry Pixie, The Saucepan Man, Dame Wash-a-lot, the Snoozy Goon, the pixies, brownies, gnomes and goblins. A part of me still hopes to see a fairy one day...

I still love to break up my wafers length-wise and scrape off the filling with my teeth! Gosh, I know that is so, so silly, but it doesn’t stop me from doing it!

I still love my Teddies! There really are some things you CAN’T grow out of!!! I wonder what my Niece and Nephew will think of Aunt Tope!

I still catch myself avoiding mirrors during thunderstorms! Can’t really remember what they told us would happen if you looked in a mirror and lightening struck, but that particular superstition stuck.

I still sub-consciously say in my mind “Thank You God, thank you Daddy, thank you Mummy, foolish satan” before meals. Some habits die hard!

Despite all the science classes I’ve taken, all the exams I’ve sweated through and all the books I’ve read, I still like to believe that stars are bugs stuck in the sky. That kinda makes life a lot less complicated, right?!

I most definitely still avoid sticking out my hands in the rain. As kids, we were told that if we did and thunder struck, our fingers would become gnarled! I know that’s ridiculous, but it sure doesn’t stop me from shuddering at the thought...

I still crush my biscuit to powder in its packet (gosh, I miss the round Okin!) with the heel of my hand, then I pinch a corner of the packet and suck the biscuit-powder out through it. As always, I end up with a gooey paste around the little opening which I usually scrape out with my finger. Hmmmnnnnn...the gooey saliva-biscuit paste is usually the best part of it! (You can bet I don’t ever let anyone see me doing this!!!)

I still do calculations on my left palm with my pen! That awful habit didn’t die out in primary five! And when I’m lost in thought, I still paint my nails with my pen!

I still misplace my earrings and sometimes forget to put them on in the mornings. Maybe like my mother did all those years ago, I should stop buying Tope new ones...

I still pull out my chewing gum as far as it will stretch and then slop it back into my mouth with my tongue!

I still like to make ‘drinking-garri’ out of eba and cold water rather than eat the eba, yuck!

I still believe I’m the rider of the Blue Lion in Voltron...

I still believe Yellow is the ‘fine girl’ and Blue is the ‘fine boy’ and Pink is the ‘bad girl’ who wants to snatch Blue from Yellow and that Red is her wicked, scheming mother! (for me as a kid, all the colors had their own personalities and were super-heroes and villains!)

I still pick my nose, even though I don’t eat the goo like I used to as a kid!!! (I can’t believe I just wrote that!)

Well, I don’t actually believe in the Tooth Fairy or the Boogey Man any more, but I know for sure that God and the devil are real, I know with a certainty that Angels and demons exist and that there is Heaven and hell...

No comments:

Post a Comment