Monday, June 28, 2010

Tom Marvolo Riddle - I am Lord Voldermot!!!

I love those books as in... Okay, conclude that mine is a chronic case of a child stuck in an adult's body, it won't change the fact that I love the Harry Porter books! I've read all seven of them over and over and over and I so CAN'T wait for the last movie to hit the cinemas! I really do solemnly declare that I'm up to no good!!!
I'm so sure I've casted all the spells at least once, even the dreaded avdacadabra...just try driving in Lagos, if it's not the okadas, it has to be Lastma!!! lol!!!
Well, Voldermot ain't my favourite character, and just like in the fairytales, you get to fall in love with the prince and hate the dragon. Voldy most def is the dragon here! Thing is, despite all that, he still fascinates me 'cos, as much as I hate to admit it, even to myself, I see a bit of myself in him, especially in his dark fractured soul...
Just like he had split his soul so many times, I feel like a part of  me has been broken up in a dozen pieces or more and much like him, I feel like I'm begining to loose myself in bits. Sometimes, I feel like I'm on the outside, observing too many different people who are all meant to be me and passively, I'm watching me come apart at the seams. I feel torn in too many directions and my mind is constantly being grabbed by so many things that keep demanding my attention. In effect, I'm never really anywhere, I just float above it all like a ghost, nothing seems real, tangible, concrete.
I feel like I've been split too many times (atleast, Voldy stopped at seven) and I think too many people and too many things have taken with them too many pieces of me and too many people and too many things are demanding too jmany pieces more.Now, I don't feel quite right, in fact, I don't feel like anything atall!!! Like Voldy was cold and ruthless and void of human feelings (infact, he stopped being human), I'm feeling void too. I feel like the Tin man with no heart, on his way to Oz to find his heart. or was it to the west? can't really remember! Before I can process one thought fully, another claims my mind and lately, I've been catching myself with half finished thoughts without a clue about how or from where they came about and most def without a conclusion to them!
You don't know how much I wished I was writing about the Pearly Gates and Golden streets with Angels singing Halleluia, and not this - what do I call it?! - but I feel like I'm lost in this dark abys and all I see is darkness. Is this how hell is?! Believe me, you don't want to go there then! This torture of the mind is a million times w2orse than any torture fire can do to the body, it sure beats being stuck in a pit filled with wall geckos! Ahhh...what I would do for a glimpse of Heaven right now...
There is only darkness and confussion here, that is my bitter reality. I am Lord Voldermot



Okay, time to clear things up! Big Yes, I love the Harry Porter books, Bigger Yes, I've read them a million times and would probably do so a million more! Yesssssss I've watched all the movies and so can't wait for the last one. About being anything at all like Voldermot...hmmmnnn...not sure...I'll give it a good think and probably write about it soon, lol!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment