Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Every little bit hurts when you treat me cold, yet won't let me go...

Why won't you just leave me be?!
why is it that everytime I try to break away,
you come after me and hold on tight!
yet, you have nothing to offer me but pain!
what is this obsession with me anyway?
It's like you need me to survive,
but you drain the life out of me!
My pain is your gain;
My death is your rising;
You were meant to ruin my life,
while I save yours.
I know I should break away from this sick relationship,
this madness,
this misery,
but how do I if you won't let me go?!
You say you love me,
and maybe in your own twisted way, you really do,
but this love is killing me,
painful bit by painful bit,
it's sucking away my essence,
taking everything from me.
Hope is gone,
Faith is lost,
there's no reason to go on any longer,
Life has lost its meaning,
they say Love sometimes hurt,
but this is hell!
why are you doing this?!
why do you want to destroy what little is left?
Isn't it enough that you have broken me?!
Is the satisfaction of knowing you have the power to hurt me like no one else not enough for you?!
will you hold on, keeping your claws in me till there is nothing else left?
knowing you, you won't give me the pleasure of dying,
you won't let me go, even to the hands of death,
you'll keep me alive just enough to keep on feeling the pain,
just enough to keep on dying,
just enough for you to have your emotional slave,
No, you're not merciful enough to let me die,
No, that wouldn't do, will it?
No, you'll rather have me in this place,
loving me,
destroying me,
ruining me,
killing me,
never letting go...


Hmmmnnnn, wrote this an age ago, at a really, really bad time...
good thing is I can read this now, look back at that time and smile 'cos the little humming bird broke free and learnt to fly...

2 comments:

  1. wow.. that was-what's d word again?- touching and heart-felt, girl u sure know how 2 make words come alive, really touching poem, can't wait 2 read d odas. keep it up girl!

    p.s it's me ur bespectacled bunkie-moremi

    ReplyDelete