Monday, July 6, 2015

The Retro Journals - Undone


120713

These things take time. I’m fine for a few days, a couple of weeks, three even. Then one day I come undone, and start all over again. Good thing is, each time, the unravelling is a little less severe than the last.

Today is one of those unravelling days. The wool sweater unravelling from the hem, up until the breast pocket, but not all the way. I have the wool all around me, in swirly whorls, waiting for me to un-undone it. Today is one of those days that the sweater unexpectedly gets snagged on something – a nail, a sharp table edge, a memory, a song maybe, you never really know what exactly it is – and I come undone. But I didn’t go all the way. That’s something, I think. It gets better. Next time, it’ll stop at the bottom pocket. Or maybe just around the middle. It does get better, until one day I wake up and realize I’m all fine and this too has gone away. I’ll wake up and not be so tired and weary. I’ll wake up and it’ll be a distant memory, they  all will.

No comments:

Post a Comment