Monday, July 27, 2015

The Retro Journals - My Mad Love of Mondays


Dear Diary,
Today I’m very happy. Well, not manic happy, but happy happy. It’s Monday and I’m going to see Beth again! Last week, we started talking about Eric and I told her what I was going to do to him. I told I was going to help him kill himself. Knowing Eric and how much he cherishes his reputation, the thought of people thinking he killed himself will be more unbearable than the thought of dying itself. I can’t wait to see the look on his face when he finally realises how he’s going to die. But enough about Eric, today’s not about Eric. 

Beth’s promised to bring me a book today and she said I didn’t have to talk about Eric if I didn’t want to. I was allowed out in the garden this morning, how awesome is that! I’m going to paint a picture of it. I’ll need my brushes. They’re in the attic, along with my easel. But the attic is at home and Amelia might have thrown them out along with her ballet shoes. The piano is still in the living room though. I don’t have sheet music for Beethoven’s 5th symphony but I can play the 8th instead for mama’s friends on Saturday evening. 

Beth is bringing me a book on gardening. I can’t wait to start my own flower garden! I shall have roses and orchids and chrysanthemums and lilies. Oh, it’s a recipe book not a gardening book. We’re making carrot cakes tomorrow for mama’s friends who are coming over on Sunday. Sorry, Saturday. Amelia is going to teach me how to make scones. If I don’t hurry, I’ll be late and Eric will be upset. I hate upsetting Eric, I try not too ‘cos Eric has to be happy. I’ve lost my passport and we’ll miss our flight. Eric won’t get to see daddy and he’ll not make partner in the firm. But I like going on holiday in California. The beach house is so peaceful. I’ll have to take ballet lessons now that Amelia has stopped dancing but Amelia’s shoes won’t fit. 

I like my new room. I have a window and I can look into the garden all day if I wish. I’m going to tell Beth all about it. I’ll even ask her to come see it, maybe she and Amelia will get along fine because I aced my exams and was class valedictorian. Mama’s driving down and I’m going to give a speech and father will be so proud! Or maybe not, but Eric will be because he understands me like no one else does. I’ll serve them all tea in mama’s tiny china set with the red roses on the sides and Ron will bring us some brie from Somerset. 
Now I remember, the book is a God-book, not a recipe book. Beth’s bringing me a Bible today!

No comments:

Post a Comment