Saturday, March 5, 2011

The little mad man who lives upstairs!


My neighbour, whose little flat lies directly above me,
Whom I hardly ever get to see
Or hear from for that matter,
Until he goes into one of his mad fits!
I usually have a few days of peace and quiet
Before a bee ruffles his hornet and he gets all hippity.
He starts to mutter and fidget at first, and then to thrash
I usually just ignore him, 
Just pretend he’s not there, 
Pretend I can’t hear him, shut him out
Then he starts to pound and scream until I can’t bear it any longer,
Until I have no choice other than to open the little door
And let him out, let him come crashing down the stairs
With all his madness 
Like a whirlwind,
Wreaking havoc in his wake,
Celebrating his freedom through my fingers
Like a storm flying over paper,
I pour him out, every last drop of him,
Let him run free as the words flow
Only then can I have some peace,
Only then is it silent and serene again upstairs,
Upstairs in my head…
…until he gets mad again
And I just have to let him loose,
Pick up my pen…


1 comment:

  1. Letting him out....sounds good an d relieving !!!...but dat doesn't mean he wont come back

    ReplyDelete