Friday, March 25, 2011

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!


I just wondered what it would have been like if you were here and we could celebrate your Birthday! We would have made it awesome in our own way!
We would have stayed up real late last night gisting, you know now, all those ‘man’ gists *wink* although they would have been well, ‘grown-up kinda man-gist’, we would have talked about plans, getting married, settling down, our fairy tale weddings, then we would have thought up silly names for our kids, talked about silly stuff, important stuff, impossible stuff…sigh. Then we would play dress up with all the silly stuff I brought from Nigeria that I can’t wear here, then we would listen to our favourite songs, then maybe sneak downstairs for a mid-night snack! Then we would sleep in real late, laze around while your phone rang non-stop. Then we would have had a junkful breakfast, two sweet-toothed junkies!!!! ;D Then we would get ready to hit the streets and as always, you would have looked gorgeous, you always did, no matter what you had on! I can imagine us getting on the train, you would have been mischievous while still managing to keep a straight face and I on the other hand would look so embarrassed that everyone would think I was the one playing tricks! Then we would hit the shops, window-shopping for the most part ‘cos I’m a really broke-assed chick right now, buh it would have been a blast anyway! Then maybe we would go to pizza hut or mac donalds or where ever for whatever! We would take pictures with strangers on the streets and I would take you to see all the beautiful places in London I’ve not had the time to see! We would probably go on a boat ride on the Thames with the wind in our hair! (eeerrr, well, in my wig I guess, and in your beautiful hair, I still remember how luvly it was…). Then maybe we would breeze into school so I could show you off to all those my class peeps, they would all drool over you and say how really cool and gorgeous you are! Then maybe we would go to Mac and do their free make over and then not buy anything after all! lol! Then we would ride on the buses, with no destination in mind, just seeing the sights. Lemmesee, how many hours have we killed by now oh?! Hmmmn, there’s this luvly place close to my place where they have the most heavenly frozen yoghurt along with an assortment of cakes, cookies, muffins and stuff like that, you would have loved it! Then we would go see a movie and I can just imagine which one you’ll ask us to see! I would want to see something else and you would call me a fish and we would have a good laugh about it, argue a bit and then settled for your choice after all! Then you would get mischievous with pop-corn during the movie, of course with a straight face and me?! You know now! Then we would go to that Chinese take away place that does the buffet thingy and we would goof around, trying to stuff our plates up while the waiter hovered with a disapproving frown! Then we would finally return home, blissfully tired and happy!!! Then we would gush over our meagre shopping, feeling like a million bucks, then we would laugh at ourselves ‘cos we can’t eat most of the what we stuffed into our take aways! Then rather than sleep, we would still gist, as in just talk, about this and that,  just simply be friends, you know, some things just can’t be put to words…..then I guess we would fall asleep at some point…
Well, I know compared to the Birthday you’re probably having now, this one really sucks, buh I would give anything to have just this right now! Even though I can’t give you this really lousy day today, just want you to know that I love you and you’ll always be in my heart, Happy Birthday.

3 comments:

  1. read it then, read it again...Tayo is someone that's totally still alive...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete