Friday, March 25, 2011

Crazy things we do for love!



She said, “I love you!
And it makes me defensive,
 makes me want to lash out at you,
‘cos loving you means I’m vulnerable,
so I put up my armour, paint on the face,
‘cos I don’t want you to take it for granted
that I love you to bits.
That’s why I need you to respect me,
and I hate it when you walk all over me,
why it hurts when you do and say things,
that I read as insensitive,
it makes me point out to you those little things,
that make you imperfect,
those things that make you look not-so-high-up after all
and it seems like I nag you all the time,
but it infuriates me that despite all your faults,
you still have a hold on me,
you are still my one weakness,
and that makes me resent you,
just a little bit at a time,
makes me want to bring you down too,
make you human too”

He said, “I love you!
And the sun and moon seemed to rise in your eyes,
I wanted to give you the world,
and I would have if it had been mine to give,
I knew all the light in the world
would go out without you,
so I took all you threw my way,
never minding, not a complaint,
I loved you too much to care,
I hated to see you angry, so I never challenged you,
I let your bitterness wash over me,
‘cos I couldn’t bear to see you shoulder it alone,
I felt you clutching on tight,
smothering the life out of me,
but I held on just as tightly,
couldn’t bear to see you alone,
couldn’t bear to let you go,
With every word,
 every jibe,
every retort,
every stab,
I knew my heart would beat only for you,
and that it did,
right until the day it died,
right until the last little shudder,
It was all yours,
maybe that was why you killed it,
killed it with your lethal dose of love,
I loved you,
So I let you do this to us,
Now we’re at this place where we can’t even co-exist,
can’t even be friends,
our bitter river boiled over,
like a fiery volcano,
and it’ll consume all that lies in its path,
not just the two of us,
who did the dumbest things
all in the name of love”

She said, “You didn’t appreciate me!”
He said, “You made my life hell!”
She said, “You took advantage of my love and adoration!”
He said, “You were too blind to see mine!”
She said, “You were less than the man I thought after all!”
He said, “You pushed me over the edge!”
She said, “How can you say that, after everything I’ve done for you!”
He said, “Everything you’ve done has come at a price!”
She said, “You’re selfish and ungrateful!”
He said, “I love you, and that’s why I have to walk away now.”
She said, “I love you and I’m never letting you go…”

No comments:

Post a Comment