Saturday, May 16, 2015

Friday Night Waka

So, it's just gone ten on this Friday night and it's anyone's guess where I'm at.
There's a hen do on the island for a cousin of a cousin (what does that make us?!), plus there's the Karaoke bar at my office backyard. My sister has been on my case to go out with her and she's got something planned for tonight. I've even got a friend who's home sick and whom I need to go see.
With all my options for tonight, (add to that the option of staying in with a pack of choco milo and Vampire Diaries), where has this girl got her behind glued to?! The hardest, most uncomfortable seat at the back row of a sardine-can packed bus, crawling through traffic on third mainland bridge, with the bus stereo belting out "Ofondu Owendu"!

Sad, shey? Oh well, that's been my life the last couple of months and I think I exhausted my pity-party tank already. Someone really should have warned me that Lagos might be glittering but it sure wasn't gold!

No comments:

Post a Comment