Saturday, December 25, 2010

Remembring

can a person forget how to breathe?
'cos I have, and I'm slowly dying,
painfully, helplessly, without a hope of saving myself

can a person forget how to laugh?
I'm going to have to stop scaring all the neighbourhood children,
...plus the cats too!

can a person forget how to forget?
I can't seem to turn off the scenes
and they keep playing over and over in my head,
like a badly scratched CD.

can a person forget how to remember?
hard as I try, I can't relive the beautiful times,
there isn't even a faint recollection,
not a stir, not a flicker...

can a person forget how to be?
cos I think I'm stuck in limbo,
halfway between a dream and reality

can a person forget how to love?
cos I'm still trying to figure it all out,
I'm still dazed and flummoxed
and can't seem to figure out the why's and how's and when's
...how could you forget that so easilly?!

No comments:

Post a Comment