Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Nursery Rhymes!

Okay, confession time, I didn’t get to attend nursery school. Yeah, you got that right, no nursery school for me! I went to je ki’le simi! don’t ask me why, but I wasn’t born that long ago that nursery schools weren’t in existence (hey! I be ayounge!), I just know that when everyone else went to work or school, I had somewhere to go too! So, these rhymes are the rhymes I grew up with and they are what I would call Nursery Rhymes,as in…..if you happen not to know at least one of them then fogerrit! You no know anything! Anyone who didn’t at least get a taste of this missed out on something for real mhen!

We ki o mo
We ki o mo,
ge ekana re,
Jeun to dara lasiko,
Ma jeun ju, Sho gbo?!
(pls don’t ask me for a translation!!!)

Now, this next one is one of my favourites!
Olodo Rabata!
Oldo rabata,
Oju eja lo mo’oje,
Ooni lo paper,
Silati l’o ma lo,
Ore mi kilogba,
Odo, oju eja,
Shiki shiki shiki shiki SHAME!!!

Labe igi Oromo(I can beat my chest and say with confidence that ‘orombo’ means orange!)
Labe igi orombo,
Ibe la ngbe shere wa,
Inu wa dun,
Ara wa ya wa ya,
Labe igi orombo!

Mejo lasimi(I really, honestly have no clue what this one means!)
Mejo lasimi - Oya!
Mejo lasimi - Oya!
Yeye j’obire - Oya!
Baba j’obire - Oya!
On shorun eye,
Ojonla shorun eye - Oya!
Onshedi rumo,
Ojonla shedi rumo - Oya!

Pussy Cat(9ja version!)
Pussy cat, pussy cat,
Where have you been?
I’ve been to London To see the Queen,
London for what?
London for medicine,
Medicine for what?
Medicine for cough.
Are you coughing?
Yes! Mama,
Cough let me hear you,
Tun gboko, tun gboko,
Kpo-oh kpo-oh
Tun gboko, tun gboko,
Kpo-oh kpo-oh

Hulk Hogan!
Hulk Hogan show me your power!
Ghen!
Another one,
Ghen!
It’s a miracle,
Ghen! Ghen!Ghen! Ghen! Ghen! Ghen!!!!

Kinni?!
Kinni, kinni, kinni,
Kinni agolo butter,
Ti nko mo l’ole
Emi l’omo Daddy,
Iwo l’omo mummy,
Emi l’omo Muritala oh,
Iwo l’omo soldier!

Who is in the Garden?!
T’alo wa ninu ogba naa?
Omo kekere kan ni,
She kinwawo?
Mawa wo…..
(can’t really remember aw that one ends!)

When I went to London(special dedication to Rayo *wink* you know now!)
When I went to London,
I saw a little boy,
And he was making Alakoba!
Emeka making shororo,
Shororo,
shororo,
Emeka making shororo,
Alakoba!

Bata mi a dun kon kon kah!
Bata mi adun kon kon kah!
Bata mi adun kon kon kah!
Ti mba ka we mi,
Bata mi adun kon kon kah!
Bata mi a wo sherere ni le,
Bata mi a wo sherere ni le,
Ti mi oba kawe mi,
Bata mi a wo sherere ni le,

now, this next one was our version of Now the Day is Over, enjoy!
Now the day is oh-ohver,
Naitie drawin neh,
shadowsov de speeree,
sil across the sky,
Glory to The Father,
Glory to The Son,
And to be the Speeree
something, something, something (we used to chop mouth here!)


(Dunno what to call this one!)
Nigeria play football,
Nigeria win!
Babangida jump up,
10 kobo fall,
Buhari pick am,
go buy groundnut,
Babangida catch am,
Knock am for head!!!

Ile ya wa oh!
Ile ya wa oh!
Baba,
ami r'ele oh!
Baba!!!!!

Awa nlo!
Awa nlo, odigba ose,
kama f'iku parawa,
k'ama f'arun parawa

5 comments:

  1. Now it's you that want my oga to ask why I'm laffing like a clown!!! I think of the 14, 3 dont ring a bell, but i sure laffed ny head off...good memories. oh i must say this was also very refreshing...i'm not going to commment about you not going to nursery school! no i wont. i said i wont!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you had better not comment!!! Olodo like you, 11 over 14!!! We should sing 'olodo rabata' for you!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, this is sooooo funi. i remember a lot of these even tho i must state that i went to nursey scul o. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. dont worri i wont tell for u...

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol!!! I guess I was the only one who missed out on nursery school!!! :D

    ReplyDelete