Friday, October 26, 2012

I lied


I’m sorry, but I lied.
And I would do it all again,
And again,
And again,
Because that is what love does

I’m sorry, but I lied
When I told you I loved you.
That is so un-true!
Cos what I felt, and still feel for you
Cannot possibly be confined by words,
It is much too deep and broad and intense for words

I’m sorry, but I lied
Every time I said it was okay,
And every time I smiled and said I was fine!
Every time I painted on my face,
And let my laughter ring out.
I wanted so much for you to be happy,
So I never cared what it cost me

I’m sorry, but I lied
When I asked you to go,
When I said it didn’t matter,
When I said you could fly.
It hurt like nothing ever has a right to
And it dug a you-sized hole
That nothing else will ever fill
But I would do it all again,
And again,
And again,
Cos it’s what’s best for you...
                 

 07.12 ̴ 10.12


2 comments: